Today marks the end of our Australian adventure proper as we drove down to Suffolk to collect the 90 from the shipping agent.
All was present and correct when we arrived, it felt strange to be reunited with it after all this time. I didn’t completely bolt the roof tent on as it takes a while to do up the rearmost nuts and bolts. To save time we just bolted the front two mounts and used a ratchet strap at the back.
After half an hour of tinkering and checking it over we headed north for the final leg of the journey home. As expected we got home without a hitch, kind of an anti-climax really but it’s nice to have the 90 back home.
We can now start planning our next adventure although we’ll need to make some changes to our setup now as we’ve bought a puppy since returning from Australia and now we need to figure out a way of making room in the back for a dog !
The 90 needs some TLC, on the whole it survived the trip well but the front diff is getting noisier and will need rebuilding. I suspect the constant hammering it took in the Simpson Desert has taken it’s toll.